Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > tv and sat

tv and sat

Mike De Petris

I've been using a couple of tv cards for a long time with win2003 and
xp x64, see "Successful porting BT848(btwincap) to Windows x64!" with
Dscaler and KastorTV. Unfortunately these software are old and
outdated.

Now I moved home and have the possibility to connect to sat, and
digital tererstrial television has been developed here in Italy.

So I need the hardware to connect to:
- analog terrestrial tv
- digital terrestrial tv
- sat tv
- fm radio

but with XP x64

what would you suggest? I do not think there is a single piece of
hardware to do it, but even with more pieces I would like to avoid all
the troubles I had with x64 and the old bt848, to make it work on
secondary display overlay, teletext, radio and all the basic things

thank you for any tip

Mike De Petris

> - analog terrestrial tv
> - digital terrestrial tv
> - sat tv
> - fm radio
>
> but with XP x64

I guess an usb solution would be a (very) bad choice with x64, even if
it would be great to use the card on anothe pc on occasions.

Theo

Have you looked at a Slingbox PRO? I think it would do
everything except the FM radio, but I'm not sure.

Mike De Petris wrote:
> I've been using a couple of tv cards for a long time with win2003 and
> xp x64, see "Successful porting BT848(btwincap) to Windows x64!" with
> Dscaler and KastorTV. Unfortunately these software are old and
> outdated.
>
> Now I moved home and have the possibility to connect to sat, and
> digital tererstrial television has been developed here in Italy.
>
> So I need the hardware to connect to:
> - analog terrestrial tv
> - digital terrestrial tv
> - sat tv
> - fm radio
>
> but with XP x64
>
> what would you suggest? I do not think there is a single piece of
> hardware to do it, but even with more pieces I would like to avoid all
> the troubles I had with x64 and the old bt848, to make it work on
> secondary display overlay, teletext, radio and all the basic things
>
> thank you for any tip

Mike De Petris

On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, Theo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Have you looked at a Slingbox PRO? I think it would do
> everything except the FM radio, but I'm not sure.

it does not have a satellite Tuner and it is an external box, btw have
you tested the software/drivers with xp x64?