Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 3 forms, 2 don't show cursor

3 forms, 2 don't show cursor

tomb

I wasn't sure which of these 2 groups is the right one to post to, so
please excuse the duplicate post.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I can't figure this out. In my web
site I have 3 forms for data input. One of the forms shows the cursor
blinking, but the other 2 do not. I found that the 2 forms in question
are using a position:absolute style, and the 1 form does not. When I
remove that style item the forms work fine.

I really need the position:absolute style on these 2 forms, so is there
some way to force the cursor to show up anyway?

Tom

tomb

I found that by taking out the position:absolute from the stylesheet,
and putting it in a click event in the javascript, the cursor now shows
up fine.

Very strange, but I'm glad it works.

tomb wrote:
> I wasn't sure which of these 2 groups is the right one to post to, so
> please excuse the duplicate post.
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve this? I can't figure this out. In my web
> site I have 3 forms for data input. One of the forms shows the cursor
> blinking, but the other 2 do not. I found that the 2 forms in question
> are using a position:absolute style, and the 1 form does not. When I
> remove that style item the forms work fine.
>
> I really need the position:absolute style on these 2 forms, so is there
> some way to force the cursor to show up anyway?
>
> Tom

Jonathan N. Little

tomb wrote:
> I found that by taking out the position:absolute from the stylesheet,
> and putting it in a click event in the javascript, the cursor now shows
> up fine.
>
> Very strange, but I'm glad it works.

Good thing, because without a URL to actually *see* your source I am not
sure how you expected any of us to help.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Martin Jay

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:27:04 -0400, tomb <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>I wasn't sure which of these 2 groups is the right one to post to, so
>please excuse the duplicate post.
>
>Does anyone know how to resolve this? I can't figure this out. In my web
>site I have 3 forms for data input. One of the forms shows the cursor
>blinking, but the other 2 do not. I found that the 2 forms in question
>are using a position:absolute style, and the 1 form does not. When I
>remove that style item the forms work fine.

Hmm, I'm not sure about this one.

Is there any chance we could have a look at what you've done?
--
Martin Jay

how to tell if cursor is sqlite.Cursor or psycopg2.Cursor dmaziuk Python 3 01-25-2011 04:52 AM
Declare Cursor error while implementing SCROLL CURSOR invy C Programming 4 12-28-2006 02:35 PM
show another cursor? Bruno HTML 4 09-23-2005 08:51 AM
Changing DEFAULT cursor to WAIT cursor in ASP =?Utf-8?B?VG9tYXMgS2VwaWM=?= ASP .Net 1 04-05-2005 07:42 PM
Cursor wait, hide or show =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZWU=?= ASP .Net 1 12-12-2003 05:09 PM

Advertisments