Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > a target=_top in iframes

Reply
Thread Tools

a target=_top in iframes

 
 
ojorus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2007
Hi;
I'm having a problem with some links on my website. It just won't work in
Internet Exporer 6! Since quite a lot out there still using IE6, I would
like to fix the problem.

My two HTML-documets are something like this:

index.html:
<iframe src="mypage.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="yes" name="main"></iframe>

mypage.php:
<a href=http://www.somelink.com target="_top">My link</a>

When you click the link in IE 6, absolutely nothing happens! The problem is
the target-parameter. If i change it to "_blank" or "_self", the link works,
but I want it to go on top, but that does not happen. target="_parent" does
not work either.

I found another website with the exactly same problem:
http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/. If you click on "vis
forestillinger" or "omtale" in IE6, nothing happens.
It works perfectly in other browsers (firefox, opera, and also IE7), but not
in IE6.

Does anyone having a solution/explaination to this stupid thing?

regards
ojorus


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2007
ojorus wrote:
> Hi;
> I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
>
> My two HTML-documets are something like this:


But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?

>
> index.html:
> <iframe src="mypage.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
> marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="yes" name="main"></iframe>
>
> mypage.php:
> <a href=http://www.example.com target="_top">My link</a>


What happens when you add quotation marks around the URL?
<a href="http://www.example.com" target="_top">My link</a>

>
> I found another website with the exactly same problem:
> http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/. If you click on "vis
> forestillinger" or "omtale" in IE6, nothing happens.
> It works perfectly in other browsers (firefox, opera, and also IE7), but not
> in IE6.


Well, the link you provided works in IE6 for me, and you didn't provide
a link to your page, so if the problem isn't the quotes then I don't
know how I can help you.


--
John
Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ojorus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2007

"John Hosking" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:46ce87ae$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ojorus wrote:
>> Hi;
>> I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
>>
>> My two HTML-documets are something like this:

>
> But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?
>

Sorry, it is not available at the moment.
>>
>> index.html:
>> <iframe src="mypage.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
>> marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="yes" name="main"></iframe>
>>
>> mypage.php:
>> <a href=http://www.example.com target="_top">My link</a>

>
> What happens when you add quotation marks around the URL?
> <a href="http://www.example.com" target="_top">My link</a>
>

No difference.
>>
>> I found another website with the exactly same problem:
>> http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/. If you click on "vis
>> forestillinger" or "omtale" in IE6, nothing happens.
>> It works perfectly in other browsers (firefox, opera, and also IE7), but
>> not in IE6.

>
> Well, the link you provided works in IE6 for me, and you didn't provide a
> link to your page, so if the problem isn't the quotes then I don't know
> how I can help you.
>
>


Just to be sure: it actually works OK for you on this link when you click
"vis forestillinger" or "omtale"..? (all other links on that page works
well) What version of IE6 do you use?
Mine says Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254

> --
> John
> Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan N. Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2007
ojorus wrote:
> "John Hosking" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> news:46ce87ae$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ojorus wrote:
>>> Hi;
>>> I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
>>>
>>> My two HTML-documets are something like this:

>> But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?
>>

> Sorry, it is not available at the moment.


What is it in the bathroom or something?

If you want others to have any hope of assisting you you need to make it
available online so we may see the page in action...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
ojorus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:e2700$46cef38c$40cba7ca$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ojorus wrote:
>> "John Hosking" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
>> news:46ce87ae$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> ojorus wrote:
>>>> Hi;
>>>> I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
>>>>
>>>> My two HTML-documets are something like this:
>>> But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?
>>>

>> Sorry, it is not available at the moment.

>
> What is it in the bathroom or something?


The webpage is not reliesed yet, and can't be put online (agreement).
However, the same error comes up in this page:
http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/, so there you can study the
code.
However, I have testet the code on several machines using IE6, and there the
page works well. So it seems to be a problem on IE6 on my local machine.
Maybe it has something to do with that I installed IE7, sand then removed it
again and went back to IE6.
Anyway, it seems to be a local problam at my machine, since no one else
reported this error. So I guess this is not a big problem.

> If you want others to have any hope of assisting you you need to make it
> available online so we may see the page in action...
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iframes and session variables--HELP requested =?Utf-8?B?VmFuIFN0ZWVuYmVyZ2VuIEphbg==?= ASP .Net 0 07-01-2004 07:30 AM
styles & iFrames JezB ASP .Net 3 06-28-2004 10:20 AM
problem with iframes Ashish ASP .Net 8 02-27-2004 09:17 PM
Problem with iframes Ashish ASP .Net 2 02-27-2004 04:45 PM
OT: SSL issues with IFRAMES Marina ASP .Net 1 08-11-2003 05:10 PM



Advertisments