Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > American Megatrend Inc. Bios upgrade - need help

American Megatrend Inc. Bios upgrade - need help

ramsrambo@gmail.com

Hey,

I have Intel 865gbf motherboard and I want the bios to be upgraded to
the new version.

Can anyone give me the website address where I can download and
upgrade myself at free of cost.

Regards,
Rams

John Holmes

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hey,
>
> I have Intel 865gbf motherboard and I want the bios to be upgraded to
> the new version.
>
> Can anyone give me the website address where I can download and
> upgrade myself at free of cost.
>
> Regards,
> Rams

Results 1 - 10 of about 562 for Intel 865gbf bios update. (0.23 seconds)
Lazy mother****er.

--
Your mother was a retarded trainspotter who earned a bad reputation
behind the fridge.

Vanguard

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I have Intel 865gbf motherboard and I want the bios to be upgraded
> the new version.

What does the claimed BIOS upgrade provide that you know that you
need? If you don't know, why are you putzing around in the brains of
your motherboard?

It's an Intel motherboard. Hmm, now who might have a BIOS update for
an Intel motherboard. Aaaah, maybe I-i-i-i-n-n-n-n-t-t-t-t...

865 is the chipset type. That is not the model number of the
motherboard. Chipsets don't have BIOS updates. Motherboards have
BIOS updates.

Mike Easter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have Intel 865gbf motherboard and I want the bios to be upgraded to
> the new version.

Why? What version do you have? Are you having a problem with it which
can be solved with a newer version?

> Can anyone give me the website address where I can download and
> upgrade myself at free of cost.

Intel Desktop Board D865GBF - Download Types: BIOS - Read Me (pdf)
Release Notes (pdf) OS:OS Independent, Windows* 2000, Windows* 98 SE,
Windows* Me, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Professional --
Download File(s):English(1 of 3) 639KB, English(2 of 3) 829KB,
English(3 of 3) 1681KB "Update the BIOS on your computer only if the
newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not
recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it. You can view
all BIOS changes in the Release Notes included on the BIOS download page
in Download Center."
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filt...=eng&strOSs=38
or http://snipurl.com/1pvqc

--
Mike Easter

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have Intel 865gbf motherboard and I want the bios to be upgraded to
> the new version.

First thing that comes to mind. Why do you need to upgrade your bios?
Secondly, when you find the upgrade, does it address the issues you
need?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/