Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Service/Page Methods , ASPX page and GridView

Web Service/Page Methods , ASPX page and GridView

probashi

We have a Grid View in a page that displays nicely formatted data (a
Status Report).
In another application we are sending out Alert emails {windows app}.

Now I want to attach the content of the Grid View Control (HTML) to
the email.

Is this possible to achieve this with Web Service/Page Method?

Patrick Steele

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> We have a Grid View in a page that displays nicely formatted data (a
> Status Report).
> In another application we are sending out Alert emails {windows app}.
>
> Now I want to attach the content of the Grid View Control (HTML) to
> the email.
>
> Is this possible to achieve this with Web Service/Page Method?

In a windows app, if you add all of the proper references to the
System.Web DLL's, you can create an instance of the GridView,
programatically set properties/call methods and then call
"RenderControl" to generate the HTML for the control.

--
Patrick Steele ((E-Mail Removed))
http://weblogs.asp.net/psteele