Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dvd/Cd Re-writer

Dvd/Cd Re-writer

Peter

My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to write
to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still have the
same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music discs. Any help
as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.

Pete

ded

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to
> write to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still
> have the same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music
> discs. Any help as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.
>
> Pete

Was the original burner ever able to write to a recordable disk?
What exactly are you doing, what software, what type of disk are you trying
to burn, are there error messages, what operating system?
When you place a blank recordable disk in tray does explorer recognise it?
With a new burner, it is often just a firmware update thats required to
recognise
the ever expanding range of different makes of media from anywhere from
Taiwan through to Eastern Europe.

olfart

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to
> write to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still
> have the same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music
> discs. Any help as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.
>
> Pete

What O/S??

What Burning Software??? Have you tried reinstalling the software???

Peter

Sorry I should have said O/S is XP and I have tried Nero & Sonic with the
same results, I haven't tried re-installing the software. I have been able
to write to discs before on this computer. I have tried Philips DVD+RW,
Woolworths CD Writer, Verbatim DVD+RW and Verbatim CD-RW. Thanks for your