Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mark newsgroup read no longer works

Mark newsgroup read no longer works

Ed Mullen

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> SG wrote:

>>> works OK that way in mine

>> Actually, to be useful, we all should be specifying what versions
>> we're talking about. I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.4.
>>

> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I tested
> it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4 and TB
> 2.0.0.5

Kay.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

SG

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> Actually, to be useful, we all should be specifying what versions
>>> we're talking about. I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.4.
>>>

>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
>> and TB 2.0.0.5
>>

> Kay.

TB version 2.0.0.6 here

Ed Mullen

SG wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
>>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
>>> and TB 2.0.0.5
>>>

>> Kay.
>>

> TB version 2.0.0.6 here

Same here (though just for testing, I rarely fire it up, my default is
SeaMonkey). Now we need to hear from the OP. "The latest version"
could be a release version or something else ... beta ... etc.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Herb

SG wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
>>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
>>> and TB 2.0.0.5
>>>

>> Kay.
>>

> TB version 2.0.0.6 here

The earliest versions of TB (as I understand it) had a bug or the coding
was bad and the "mark NG read" function didn't work properly. The
latest versions seem to work much better, altho I haven't figured out
the pattern as to when everything is actually processed and marked as
''read'' -- sometimes it is immediate, sometimes it is 1 or 2 logins or
computer-starts later. At least that's been my experience.

--
Herb @ Mid-Atlantic Weather Station
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/herbwx/index.html

sticks

SG wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
>>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
>>> and TB 2.0.0.5
>>>

>> Kay.
>>

> TB version 2.0.0.6 here

Same here. 2.0.0.6
I can right click on another group from within this one, and choose
"Mark Newsgroup Read"
It simply turns the highlight back to the group I am working in,
basically ignoring the command. HTH

Stanley Eisen

>> In SeaMonkey you do not need to do that. The OP and "sticks" indicate
>> that doesn't work in TB.
>>

> works OK that way in mine

Mine too, I just marked another group as read while in this group,
reading the message quoted above.

Moo

Ed Mullen wrote:
> SG wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> Kay.
>>>

>> TB version 2.0.0.6 here

> Same here (though just for testing, I rarely fire it up, my default is
> SeaMonkey). Now we need to hear from the OP. "The latest version"
> could be a release version or something else ... beta ... etc.

Sorry, been away.

I'm using the latest automatic upgrade 2.0.0.6

If I focus on a newsgroup and choose mark newsgroup read it works fine,
if I right click on one newsgroup whilst focused on another it won't work.

Worked fine before the upgrade.

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com