Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Zero Configuration not starting

Wireless Zero Configuration not starting

Frank Shelledy

In previous posting I described a problem with a Dell laptop, not activating
Wireless Zero Configuration. Jack (MVP-Networking) suggested that Dell
software and Windows Wireless utility (WZC) were conflicting, and referred
me to ezlan, and I was able to manually activate WZC through services.msc.

I want to activate WZC on startup, rather than having to do it manually. I
need to find out how to disable the Dell wireless software, or to start WZC
at startup, or something.

Pleasse help.
Frank Shelledy

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I am not familiar with all Dell computers, so I can not tell you
specifically how to disable the Wireless utility on yours.
Usually the wireless utility are load via the Startup group. Find the
correct entry disable it, and the dell wireless utility would not start
running when you switch the computer On.
This might help in the process.
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Frank Shelledy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In previous posting I described a problem with a Dell laptop, not
> activating Wireless Zero Configuration. Jack (MVP-Networking) suggested
> that Dell software and Windows Wireless utility (WZC) were conflicting,
> and referred me to ezlan, and I was able to manually activate WZC through
> services.msc.
>
> I want to activate WZC on startup, rather than having to do it manually. I
> need to find out how to disable the Dell wireless software, or to start
> WZC at startup, or something.
>
> Pleasse help.
> Frank Shelledy

=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlz?=

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501. WZC would not start automatically. After
reading your message found that the wireless card has a program that starts
up in the sys tray. By running the msconfig and going to the services tab
you will find a program that the wireless card uses that starts up and
conflicts with the wzc. by removing the check mark it becomes disabled and
once system is rebooted the WZC will start automatically. Dennis

"Frank Shelledy" wrote:

> In previous posting I described a problem with a Dell laptop, not activating
> Wireless Zero Configuration. Jack (MVP-Networking) suggested that Dell
> software and Windows Wireless utility (WZC) were conflicting, and referred
> me to ezlan, and I was able to manually activate WZC through services.msc.
>
> I want to activate WZC on startup, rather than having to do it manually. I
> need to find out how to disable the Dell wireless software, or to start WZC
> at startup, or something.
>
> Pleasse help.
> Frank Shelledy

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Thank you for the tip. We have a similar post before. You check this link:

Can't activate Wireless Zero Configuration service
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...hp?p=2928#2928

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net