Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copying smaller files to CDROM

Copying smaller files to CDROM

Richard Fangnail

What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

why?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:49:50 -0700, Richard Fangnail wrote:

>What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
>harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
>you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

Wouldn't use a CD for 'occasionally; but it would beNero 6. why?

Or Ashampoo Burning Studio v7. A UK computer magazine had v6 and a cheap
upgrade path.The upgrade to v7 and a 2nd license cost less than the time
to register it, download and install as well as paying for it. That is
due to the excellent UK sterling v US dollar rate for the last few
months.

Me

someone on the internet

On Aug 22, 12:53 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:49:50 -0700, Richard Fangnail wrote:
> >What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
> >harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
> >you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

> Wouldn't use a CD for 'occasionally; but it would beNero 6. why?
>
> Or Ashampoo Burning Studio v7. A UK computer magazine had v6 and a cheap
> upgrade path.The upgrade to v7 and a 2nd license cost less than the time
> to register it, download and install as well as paying for it. That is
> due to the excellent UK sterling v US dollar rate for the last few
> months.
>
> Me

Nero

Why?

Its cheap, it works, and its not bloated.

I've been able to find Nero Express for 2$ @ pricewatch.com

PeeCee

"Richard Fangnail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
> harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
> you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

Richard

If you want to copy files to a 'CDR' then either use the built in XP burning
facility by dragging and droping the files to the CD drive in Windows
Explorer. The Wizard should pop up and guide you through the process.
or
If you want more control over the burning process use the burning software
that came bundled with your PC eg Nero or Roxio.
Note Nero or Roxio usually turns off XP's burning Wizard.

If you want to copy files to a 'CDRW' (ReWriteable or Erasable CD) then
provided the 'Packet writing' software from Nero, Roxio etc is installed
then all you have to do is drag and drop in Windows Explorer.
Note the CDRW will need to be formatted first.

Best
Paul.

Plato

Richard Fangnail wrote:

> What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
> harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
> you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

I just use Nero.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/