Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual Monitor settings not saved after undocking

Dual Monitor settings not saved after undocking

ASGTim

I have 2 Dell 1907FP 19" flat monitors running with a docking/port
replicator. Dell D420 laptop with 1 VGA port on the rear panel.
After docking and configuring settings as desired. I undock and use
the laptop without the docking station for a while. Then I dock and
the settings are not the same.

How do I fix this? I want to have the settings automatically
recognize.
I have tried creating a hardware profile unfortunately it does not
work.

Open to suggestions.

old man

Presumably you are using Win to supply dual and not a third party app
supplied with your vid card?

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

ASGTim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have 2 Dell 1907FP 19" flat monitors running with a docking/port
>replicator. Dell D420 laptop with 1 VGA port on the rear panel.
>After docking and configuring settings as desired. I undock and use
>the laptop without the docking station for a while. Then I dock and
>the settings are not the same.
>
>How do I fix this? I want to have the settings automatically
>recognize.
>I have tried creating a hardware profile unfortunately it does not
>work.
>
>Open to suggestions.

Hardware profiles are made for docking, google some more on it.

--

Real sappy
http://est1976.blogsome.com/2007/08/...t-got-engaged/