Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected

Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected

Kirsty Kirsty is offline
Junior Member

I am trying to delete a directory out of windows explorer and am getting the following error messgae:-

Cannot delete xxxxxxxxxxxx unfinished:Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not corrently in use.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Kirsty

OrCiscoNovice OrCiscoNovice is offline
Junior Member

Do you get this error when you reboot windows (normal mode) and immediacy try to delete it? Is the file a system file or something that is used by another program?

I have found that I get this message when another program is using the file that I am trying to delete. I have had to go as far as rebooting the computer into safe mode and then deleting the file I wanted gone.

Kirsty Kirsty is offline
Junior Member

I dont think the file is a system folder it just contains word and excel documents and when you right hand click on the folder and go to delete the error comes up.

homework help homework help is offline
Junior Member

Are you still getting the same error after you rebooted your machine, could be a virus has infected the file.

Kirsty Kirsty is offline
Junior Member

The error still happens after rebooting and is not infected.