Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected

Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected

08-22-2007
I am trying to delete a directory out of windows explorer and am getting the following error messgae:-

Cannot delete xxxxxxxxxxxx unfinished:Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not corrently in use.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Kirsty

08-23-2007
Do you get this error when you reboot windows (normal mode) and immediacy try to delete it? Is the file a system file or something that is used by another program?

I have found that I get this message when another program is using the file that I am trying to delete. I have had to go as far as rebooting the computer into safe mode and then deleting the file I wanted gone.

08-24-2007
I dont think the file is a system folder it just contains word and excel documents and when you right hand click on the folder and go to delete the error comes up.

08-26-2007
Are you still getting the same error after you rebooted your machine, could be a virus has infected the file.

09-13-2007
The error still happens after rebooting and is not infected.