Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Interview question on Tcp/ip

Interview question on Tcp/ip

linuxsrbabu@gmail.com

HI to all,
Please answer this question
1) If we want to send a 10mb file from system1to system2 through
Ethernet how the 10mb
transfer take place through Tcp and udp
A few questions of mine
1) where fragmentation will take place will it in ip layer or in tcp
or in both
2)since fragmentation fields are there in ip, if we think ip will
fragment the datagram, how tcp will
segment this 10mb file
3) what is the size of each segment.

Ian Collins

> HI to all,
> Please answer this question

This has nothing to do with the C language, so why ask here?

--
Ian Collins.

Edwin van den Oetelaar

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> HI to all,
> Please answer this question
> 1) If we want to send a 10mb file from system1to system2 through
> Ethernet how the 10mb
> transfer take place through Tcp and udp
> A few questions of mine
> 1) where fragmentation will take place will it in ip layer or in tcp
> or in both
> 2)since fragmentation fields are there in ip, if we think ip will
> fragment the datagram, how tcp will
> segment this 10mb file
> 3) what is the size of each segment.

TCP/IP Illustrated 3 Volume Set (Hardcover)
by W. Richard Stevens (Author), Gary R. Wright (Author), Gary Wright (Author)
GET IT, READ IT AND GET LOST.
This is not a 'C' question.

ASP Interview Questions ASP Interview Questions reema ASP General 0 08-26-2008 11:57 AM
.NET Interview Question, C#, ASP.NET Interview Questions dotnetuncle Javascript 0 10-30-2007 03:08 PM
An interview question Jerry Java 22 06-12-2005 03:55 PM
Interview question Gopal Krish ASP .Net 10 10-23-2004 10:18 AM
interview question (toughest bug you've fixed)? Digital Puer Java 17 12-27-2003 09:35 AM

Advertisments