Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > setting monitor background

setting monitor background

Barry

Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer will not
let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get to the place to
change it, it don't work, the word background is faded out, you can't even
scroll up and down the list, is there a way to turn this off and on,,,,win
XP sp2

JANA

You never mentioned what display card and the display card model that you
have.

It is the driver software that was installed for the card that is setting
the limitation. It is also possible that the type of display card that you
have is limited. It would be best for you to enquire to the card
manufacture for this type of problem.

--

JANA
_____

"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RjOyi.58$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer will not
let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get to the place to
change it, it don't work, the word background is faded out, you can't even
scroll up and down the list, is there a way to turn this off and on,,,,win
XP sp2

dadiOH

Barry wrote:
> Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer
> will not let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get
> to the place to change it, it don't work, the word background is
> faded out, you can't even scroll up and down the list, is there a
> way to turn this off and on,,,,win XP sp2

Even though you can't select them, there *are* options listed in the
wallpaper window, right? Do those files still exist on the computer?
Can you use the browse button?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Barry

No the browser button is faded out also, and the video card is a Nvideo
geforce 4
newsPYyi.5585$ni6.3656@trnddc03...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello, I need to know if anyone can tell me why my wifes computer will not
>let you choose a background for the monitor, when you get to the place to
>change it, it don't work, the word background is faded out, you can't even
>scroll up and down the list, is there a way to turn this off and on,,,,win
>XP sp2

Not a fix but a work around.

Download and install Irfanview
http://www.irfanview.com/

Under options it has a wallpaper option.

--

Google Aims to Make YouTube Profitable With Ads
http://tinyurl.com/3dp3xa

Barry

Thanks penny, but what do you think caused this, just curious,,,
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks penny, but what do you think caused this, just curious,,,

Hard one to answer and one I don't want to mess with (screw up my
system).

I run Windows Classic, Desktop and start menu - I have disabled Themes
and refuse to have a web page look to my system.

But looking around, under Desktop where you change the image, should
be "Customize Desktop" Click it, go to web and see if lock desktop
items is selected (unselect it) maybe that's the problem.

--

Real sappy
http://est1976.blogsome.com/2007/08/...t-got-engaged/