Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New Realtek network drivers for Vista x64

New Realtek network drivers for Vista x64

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Realtek has updated network drivers for their chipsets included in many
popular motherboards and notebooks.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)
Vista version is 6.105 and is dated Aug 20th.
A 4 megs download.
Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

Good. These are definitely needed. Any feedback on them yet?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Realtek has updated network drivers for their chipsets included in many
> popular motherboards and notebooks.
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)
> Vista version is 6.105 and is dated Aug 20th.
> A 4 megs download.
> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Charlie:
I don't have any feedback because my motherboard is NVidia based.
I just updated the XP release of these drivers, also dated yesterday, in my
"old" notebook running XP x86.
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Good. These are definitely needed. Any feedback on them yet?
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Realtek has updated network drivers for their chipsets included in many
> > popular motherboards and notebooks.
> > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)
> > Vista version is 6.105 and is dated Aug 20th.
> > A 4 megs download.
> > Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

I've got at least one mobo with a RealTek in it. And a couple of standalone
cards as well. Though I'm moving to buying only Intel GigE cards going
forward. Too many issues with both RealTek and Broadcom. And I don't use
NVidia.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie:
> I don't have any feedback because my motherboard is NVidia based.
> I just updated the XP release of these drivers, also dated yesterday, in
> my
> "old" notebook running XP x86.
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Good. These are definitely needed. Any feedback on them yet?
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Realtek has updated network drivers for their chipsets included in many
>> > popular motherboards and notebooks.
>> > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)
>> > Vista version is 6.105 and is dated Aug 20th.
>> > A 4 megs download.
>> > Carlos

John Barnes

How did the drivers work for you? I installed them in Vista64 and couldn't
connect. When I tried contacting the modem, I was informed that intranet
had been turned off and did I want to turn it on. I selected to go ahead,
not knowing why that would be necessary, but that fixed the connection
problem. Not sure if it is because my internet connection requires that it
be connected to a wired port (one of the 4 usually connected to a wired
computer) that is not the usual internet port (left open).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie:
> I don't have any feedback because my motherboard is NVidia based.
> I just updated the XP release of these drivers, also dated yesterday, in
> my
> "old" notebook running XP x86.
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Good. These are definitely needed. Any feedback on them yet?
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Realtek has updated network drivers for their chipsets included in many
>> > popular motherboards and notebooks.
>> > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)
>> > Vista version is 6.105 and is dated Aug 20th.
>> > A 4 megs download.
>> > Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

John:
No problems down here with XP x86 networking.
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> How did the drivers work for you? I installed them in Vista64 and couldn't
> connect. When I tried contacting the modem, I was informed that intranet
> had been turned off and did I want to turn it on. I selected to go ahead,
> not knowing why that would be necessary, but that fixed the connection
> problem. Not sure if it is because my internet connection requires that it
> be connected to a wired port (one of the 4 usually connected to a wired
> computer) that is not the usual internet port (left open).

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Charlie:
> > I don't have any feedback because my motherboard is NVidia based.
> > I just updated the XP release of these drivers, also dated yesterday, in
> > my
> > "old" notebook running XP x86.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Good. These are definitely needed. Any feedback on them yet?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> >>

> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Flatus Ohlfahrt

I've been using them since they came out a few days ago. They
work for me on SBS, XP Pro, and Vista x64. I'm using generic
Realtek NICs in NVidia motherboards. Even tried using their
installer. No problems with any of the 'normal' boxes, but had
to manually install one of the SBS cards--guess it thought it
was done after installing card 0.

Flatus

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:02:07 GMT, John Barnes wrote in
news:uA$(E-Mail Removed):