Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > switch datasheet

switch datasheet

adonis

hello to everybody
can anybody supply me with a datasheet
i want datasheets of scisco switch 2950t and 3550
i have meet cisco website but datasheets are very genneral.i don't
have any experience and this is my first try for working with
switches.
please help me.

Doug McIntyre

adonis <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>hello to everybody
>can anybody supply me with a datasheet
>i want datasheets of scisco switch 2950t and 3550
>i have meet cisco website but datasheets are very genneral.i don't
>have any experience and this is my first try for working with
>switches.

I've seen this as your 2nd post..

Are you having trouble finding the specific data sheets because both
of these models are EOL'd boxes?

Ie. the datasheets are here
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801cfb64.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800913d7.html

The datasheets are typical for these sorts of products. Go to HP or Foundry
or whoever else, and you'd get about the same stuff in them. Listing
mostly the various features and standards they support.

If not, finding them, what exactly are your questions?

Are cisco switches magical? Doing everything for you? Do you get a
zillion more throughput because they cost more? NO, they a pretty
typical feature set that happen to include just about every feature
known. But that makes it harder for you, because then you have to
learn what all those features do if you want to use them, rather than
just settle for a tiny sub-set like you'd get in a Dlink product or
the like.

The cost relates more to that they are built to stay up for years at a
time without being touched.

Out of the box, with no learning about what they can do make them
pretty much boring ethernet switches. But to really learn them, you'll
have to study the documentation on setting them up, comparing features
listed in the docs for various models. Once you understand how to
configure things via the docs, you'll have a better idea of what makes
the 3550 different than the 2950.

Free DataSheet Site.. DataSheet VHDL 5 03-25-2010 07:29 AM
Need to write data in one datasheet alone in already existing xls. Amudha Software 0 08-21-2008 03:58 AM
DATASHEET, plz HELP T.T bluewind44 ASP .Net 2 11-03-2005 11:19 AM
Duplicating datasheet feature Don ASP .Net Web Controls 0 02-24-2005 02:42 AM
Duplicating datasheet screens Don ASP .Net 0 02-23-2005 03:09 AM

Advertisments