Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Licence Upgrading to 64 bit Vista from 32bit

Licence Upgrading to 64 bit Vista from 32bit

=?Utf-8?B?T0tCdXR0b24=?=

I have a licence for 32bit Vista Ultimate OEM. But I would like to upgrade to
64bit Vista ultimate. I realise this will be a reinstall but I am interested
to know how I can upgrade my licence (or even If I need to) to the 64 bit
product. Do I have to buy a completely new licence?

John Barnes

The OEM license is for one or the other. You would need to purchase a new
license, but I would see if you can get Microsoft the do something for you.
They have been working with some of the system builders on this.

"OKButton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a licence for 32bit Vista Ultimate OEM. But I would like to upgrade
> 64bit Vista ultimate. I realise this will be a reinstall but I am
> interested
> to know how I can upgrade my licence (or even If I need to) to the 64 bit
> product. Do I have to buy a completely new licence?

XS11E

OKButton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a licence for 32bit Vista Ultimate OEM. But I would like to
> upgrade to 64bit Vista ultimate. I realise this will be a
> reinstall but I am interested to know how I can upgrade my licence
> (or even If I need to) to the 64 bit product. Do I have to buy a
> completely new licence?

Yes but why not talk to the OEM who sold you the current OS? They may
have an upgrade program available for very few bucks.