Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Canon MF3240 question

Canon MF3240 question

Moon Goddess

Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my Winfax 10,
so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things ( attachments etc
) using Winfax?

I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a driver
for that?

WhzzKdd

"Moon Goddess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eN6dnQC90IKugFfbnZ2dnUVZ_qqgnZ2d@forethought. net...
> Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my Winfax 10,
> so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things ( attachments etc
> ) using Winfax?
>
> I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a driver
> for that?

No. Why don't you just get a cheap modem and plug it into your PC?

Moon Goddess

"WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote :

> "Moon Goddess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eN6dnQC90IKugFfbnZ2dnUVZ_qqgnZ2d@forethought. net...
>> Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my
>> Winfax 10, so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things
>> ( attachments etc ) using Winfax?
>>
>> I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a
>> driver for that?
>>

> No. Why don't you just get a cheap modem and plug it into your PC?

There's a great Super G3 modem in the Canon, and the USB port.
Why can't I access it from the computer?

Seems like a design flaw to me.

news:VrednRSnRY8w9VfbnZ2dnUVZ_sTinZ2d@forethought. net...
> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote :
>
>> "Moon Goddess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eN6dnQC90IKugFfbnZ2dnUVZ_qqgnZ2d@forethought. net...
>>> Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my
>>> Winfax 10, so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things
>>> ( attachments etc ) using Winfax?
>>>
>>> I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a
>>> driver for that?
>>>

>> No. Why don't you just get a cheap modem and plug it into your PC?

> There's a great Super G3 modem in the Canon, and the USB port.
> Why can't I access it from the computer?
>
> Seems like a design flaw to me.

Not really. WinFax is designed to talk to a modem, not a fax machine. (For
all purposes, WinFax IS a fax machine - just a software based model.) I have
multi-function printer at work, and I have WinFax on my PC. They aren't made
to talk to each other.