Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > AssemblyInfo.vb

AssemblyInfo.vb

magic kat

In a windows application, you have an assembly info with, for example, the
following information. How would you set these parameters in a web
application?

Imports System.Reflection
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

' General Information about an assembly is controlled through the following
' set of attributes. Change these attribute values to modify the information
' associated with an assembly.

' Review the values of the assembly attributes

<Assembly: AssemblyTitle("My Assembly Title")>
<Assembly: AssemblyDescription("My Assembly Description")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCompany("My Company")>
<Assembly: AssemblyProduct("My Product Name")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCopyright("My Copyright")>
<Assembly: AssemblyTrademark("My Trademark")>
<Assembly: CLSCompliant(True)>

'The following GUID is for the ID of the typelib if this project is exposed
to COM
<Assembly: Guid("870E8EE6-A80B-4DE4-998F-0886EA565393")>

' Version information for an assembly consists of the following four values:
'
' Major Version
' Minor Version
' Build Number
' Revision
'
' You can specify all the values or you can default the Build and Revision
Numbers
' by using the '*' as shown below:

<Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")>

Most of this stuff lives in the web.config file.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

news:(E-Mail Removed)...