Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: SvcHost / Services

Re: SvcHost / Services

Pedro Simoes

In article <oX4ef.10$Y%(E-Mail Removed)>, joebob-no-email-
> Howdy all. Question about mmc 'services' and svchost 'services.' At

least I'll call the
> svchost processes 'services.' Say I need all the resources I can get

and have a machine
> with a static ip, don't need any of the dchp fuctions (including ddns)

so I shut down the
> mmc/services dchp client, yet, svchost launches a dhcp process from

the netsvcs value.
> -is this to say, ultimate control of 'services' launched on a machine

isn't strictly
> regulated to mmc/services?
>
> I've found the svchost info at ms which speaks of how svchost

processess *work,* how to
> tlist them out, but not a description for the various processess

launched by svchost. Not
> only have I wondered about this in general, but also could be a test

question one day and
> is why I've posted here.
>

> Thanks.
>
> joebob

I am not 100% certain of what you are asking here, but to get a nice
view of processes running on a box (including those within the service
host) go to sysinternals.com and download Process Explorer. (There is no

cost.)

Re: SvcHost / Services Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 08:01 PM
Re: SvcHost / Services Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:52 PM
SvcHost / Services Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:52 PM
SvcHost / Services joebob MCSE 6 11-17-2005 05:31 AM

Advertisments