Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Need help VERY urgently please!

Need help VERY urgently please!

Stormygirl Stormygirl is offline
Junior Member
Location: South Africa

Hi all

Im urgently need in some help, fixing a problem on my pc. I get a blue error screen saying: "Stop: c0000218 {Registry file failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file) \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SECURITY or is log or altenate. It is corrupt, absent or not writeble. Beginning dump of physical memory. Dumping physical memry to disk: ~countdown timer~" Im not sure if it's my hard drive that is the problem, the motherbord or even what else it could be. I've got a Seagate SATA hard drive, which my BIOS does pick up, but when I try to re-install Windows XP Pro it tells me to make sure my Hard drive is correctly connected to my pc. I hope I have given enough info that is needed to get help from anybody that can help.

Thanx

Last edited by Stormygirl; 08-20-2007 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake