Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google

Google

Whiskers

On 2007-08-20, meerkat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2007-08-20, meerkat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
>>> please ?.
>>> It seems to have fallen over here.
>>> Thanks guys.
>>>
>>> bw..meerkat

>> Seems to be working normally from my corner of the UK.
>>

> Thanks W. all sorted now.
> You live in the corner ?.

I think it's meant to be a punishment.

> I live in the middle. (coventry).

Never mind, somebody has to <WEG>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Whiskers

On 2007-08-20, meerkat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> meerkat wrote:
>>> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
>>> please ?.
>>> It seems to have fallen over here.
>>> Thanks guys.

>> Did you do a traceroute?
>>

> Thanks Blinky.
> No, I used a piece of software called Broadband Medic
> (supplied by NTL (who said that ?.) )
> It told me it reset my Proxies (???).
> But it worked.

Sounds as though Virgin/NTL have caching proxy web servers 'invisibly'
between their customers and the real web - probably a way of reducing
traffic between their own network and 'the internet'. When that sort of
arrangement works, it can speed up your access to popular pages - and when
it breaks, you can end up not getting anywhere.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Top

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:01:51 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

> meerkat wrote:
>> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me please ?.

> I can access http://www.google.co.uk/
>
> I don't get the same page if I use the IP http://208.67.219.231
>
> I'm accessing from the east/right side of the big pond, not the east/right
> side of the little pond.
>
> Where the ponds are the Atlantic and Pacific.

I used to love playing pool.

Top

Blinky the Shark

Top wrote:

> I used to love playing pool.

But then you stopped wearing pants with pockets?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups