Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Icons in Thunderbird

Icons in Thunderbird

Ralph

What does the red icon asterisk in some Thunderbird newsgroup messages
represent? Where can I learn about the new features of 2.06? In
Thunderbird Help I couldn't find the answer to the above question.

TIA
Ralph

Timo Salmi

Ralph <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What does the red icon asterisk in some Thunderbird newsgroup messages
> represent? Where can I learn about the new features of 2.06? In
> Thunderbird Help I couldn't find the answer to the above question.

Deducting from how it works, it would appear that it indicates the
messages that have arrived since you last accessed e.g. a newsgroup. If
you have looked at the group, but not read the messages, when you go
back the starred messages are only those which have arrived since, while
all the messages that were unread stay that. Thus the unread messages
and the new messages may not be the same messages.

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Ralph

Timo Salmi wrote:
> Ralph <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What does the red icon asterisk in some Thunderbird newsgroup messages
>> represent? Where can I learn about the new features of 2.06? In
>> Thunderbird Help I couldn't find the answer to the above question.

> Deducting from how it works, it would appear that it indicates the
> messages that have arrived since you last accessed e.g. a newsgroup. If
> you have looked at the group, but not read the messages, when you go
> back the starred messages are only those which have arrived since, while
> all the messages that were unread stay that. Thus the unread messages
> and the new messages may not be the same messages.
>
> All the best, Timo

Thanks!
Ralph