Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Seeing In The Dark With The Mk III

Seeing In The Dark With The Mk III

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

WOW! At IS0 3200 this thing beats the hell out of a Seeing Eye dog! The
best part is you don't have to feed it or let it out to take a crap. Here's
an ISO 3200 snapshot.

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/in_the_dark.htm>

Rita

Paul Rubin

Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> writes:
> WOW! At IS0 3200 this thing beats the hell out of a Seeing Eye dog! The
> best part is you don't have to feed it or let it out to take a crap. Here's
> an ISO 3200 snapshot.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/in_the_dark.htm>

Looks like aggressive NR (see the printed poster in the frame), rather
than some magic low noise sensor. But still a very usable shot.

Paul Rubin wrote:

>> WOW! At IS0 3200 this thing beats the hell out of a Seeing Eye dog!
>> The best part is you don't have to feed it or let it out to take a
>> crap. Here's an ISO 3200 snapshot.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/in_the_dark.htm>

> Looks like aggressive NR (see the printed poster in the frame), rather
> than some magic low noise sensor. But still a very usable shot.

If I'm looking at the same thing you are looking at I would say this is more
from a combination of OOF from DOF and motion blur. The shadows tell the
story. You can't get a useable image from the D2x(s) without a lot of post.
I'm very content with it.

Rita

Wolfgang Weisselberg

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]

Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> WOW! At IS0 3200 this thing beats the hell out of a Seeing Eye dog! The
> best part is you don't have to feed it or let it out to take a crap. Here's
> an ISO 3200 snapshot.

> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/in_the_dark.htm>

"Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable."
Yes, that beats a lot of things, but I cannot see a thing there.

Maybe you need a dog to sniff the photo out ...

-Wolfgang

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

> "Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable."
> Yes, that beats a lot of things, but I cannot see a thing there.
>
> Maybe you need a dog to sniff the photo out ...

LOL! You snoose you loose!

Rita