Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > how do i know if i'm good enough for mcpd?

how do i know if i'm good enough for mcpd?

=?Utf-8?B?Z2lkZHk=?=

hi,

I'm a self taught geek. I've been programming for four years now. I been
learning and doing C# for about a year now and even built a full application.

I want to do an MCPD, i know i have to do 2 MTCS's and then 1 more right?
But *how do i make sure i pass it*?

There is'nt any "Develop for Windows" here?:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...o/default.mspx

thanks
Gideon

Mostly Gizzards

giddy wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm a self taught geek. I've been programming for four years now. I been
> learning and doing C# for about a year now and even built a full application.
>
> I want to do an MCPD, i know i have to do 2 MTCS's and then 1 more right?
> But *how do i make sure i pass it*?
>
> There is'nt any "Develop for Windows" here?:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...o/default.mspx
>
> thanks
> Gideon

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, it appears to be
2 questions. I'll answer with this:

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...v/default.mspx

>> But *how do i make sure i pass it*?

Lots of preparation?

MG

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ehvh1#(E-Mail Removed):

> giddy wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I'm a self taught geek. I've been programming for four years now. I been
> > learning and doing C# for about a year now and even built a full application.
> >
> > I want to do an MCPD, i know i have to do 2 MTCS's and then 1 more right?
> > But *how do i make sure i pass it*?
> >
> > There is'nt any "Develop for Windows" here?:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...o/default.mspx
> >
> > thanks
> > Gideon
> >

> I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, it appears to be
> 2 questions. I'll answer with this:
>
> Is this what you're looking for?
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...v/default.mspx
>
> >> But *how do i make sure i pass it*?

> Lots of preparation?
>
> MG

And experience.
--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

Thor

> I want to do an MCPD, i know i have to do 2 MTCS's and then 1 more right?
> But *how do i make sure i pass it*?

by failing first and then improve?
I'm self-thought too and I find that I'd touched far too narrow an area for
70-536, -526 and -528, while I passed -529 and -549 on experience alone. I
think a good indicator would be to look up some excam objective details on
MSDN and see if you learn anything new.