Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > stablizing High MEM usage 32 bit apps on 64bit server

stablizing High MEM usage 32 bit apps on 64bit server

=?Utf-8?B?TWFsYm9ldWY=?=

I have 5 win2k3 32bit enterprise dual core servers with 2GB of ram

but on my one test win2k3 64bit enterprise quad core with 4GB of ram server
I have notice that my four 32bit Apps using 600MB each randomly fail every
day while the 32bit servers run them stable for months

does any one have any idea how to get these 32bit aps to run better on the
win2k3 64bit Enterprise server, I know it must be the RAM

I tried the 32bit server with 4GB of ram and PAE and they are nothing but a
waste of time as they crash the apps hourly (two high memory usage apps will
try to use the same memory location and crash constantlly - microsoft hides
this information really well)

I do have allot of experience with the 32 bit server so if we need to get
deep into this I can follow whats going on