Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to uninstall Adobe Reader

How to uninstall Adobe Reader

Al Mateus

I suspect that my current Adobe Reader 7.0.8 is corrupted and want uninstall
so I can install the 8.0 version. The problem is that 3/4 of the way on the
"Progress Bar" it stops and informs me that it can not continue because it
is missing a *&^%$#@ file path.

The frikin file path must have been there when it was installed so where
could it have gone?

Since it won't uninstall through the control panel, what other options do I
have?

Help! Please

PS......I have Windows XP-Home w/SP 2

Bert Hyman

In news:lAJxi.2196$(E-Mail Removed) "Al Mateus"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Since it won't uninstall through the control panel, what other options
> do I have?

You could try re-installing version 7 and then uninstalling it.

You probably didn't save the installation files, but you can download
7.0.9 from Adobe's Web site at

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...lversions.html

Who knows; it might work.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

pcbutts1

If what Bert says does not work (it should) the just delete the folder the
run Crap cleaners registry cleaner a few times.
http://www.ccleaner.com/