Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Downloading PDF files

Downloading PDF files

Al Mateus

My default browser is AT&T/Yahoo that comes with my DSL service but also
have IE. Regardless which one I use, I can not download any PDF documents,
such as forms from websites. I get a message saying that my browser has
encountered a problem and will close.

My system is XP- Home. I have Adobe Acrobat.

Any advice/help would be appreciated but bear in mind I'm not a techie, so
please speak English

Thanks...............Al

Mike Easter

Al Mateus wrote:
> My default browser is AT&T/Yahoo that comes with my DSL service

Presumably that is just a rebranded browser which is actually something
else like IE.

> but
> also have IE. Regardless which one I use, I can not download any PDF
> documents, such as forms from websites. I get a message saying that
> my browser has encountered a problem and will close.

When you say 'download' I suspect that you actually mean 'open', which
is different. When you are exercising your browser in your operating
system, you are using your computer's resources. When your inefficient
operating system calls on your inefficient browser to execute an
inefficient .pdf handling application like Adobe Reader, it is possible
for all of your resources to be 'used up' and so your browser comes
unraveled.

> My system is XP- Home. I have Adobe Acrobat.

You would use less resources 'at one time' if you would R click the .pdf
file and save it to disk. Then you would be able to open the .pdf file
without having your browser open 'all at the same time'. You could also
open the .pdf file with something more efficient than Adobe, such as
FoxIt or some other.

--
Mike Easter

pcbutts1

Download, unzip and run my free fix tool
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/fixie.zip let me know how it works.

"Al Mateus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GJFxi.46801$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> My default browser is AT&T/Yahoo that comes with my DSL service but also
> have IE. Regardless which one I use, I can not download any PDF documents,
> such as forms from websites. I get a message saying that my browser has
> encountered a problem and will close.
>
> My system is XP- Home. I have Adobe Acrobat.
>
> Any advice/help would be appreciated but bear in mind I'm not a techie, so
> please speak English
>
> Thanks...............Al

Leythos

In article <fa7a4k$1us$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
@leythosthestalker.com says...
> Download, unzip and run my free fix tool

Downloads from a PORN HOSTING SITE ARE DANGEROUS to say the least.
Downloads from any questionable site are dangerous.

Follow the directions of anyone except someone suggesting you download
from PCBUTTS 1.com.

--
Leythos - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

pcbutts1

Obsessed Stalker.

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <fa7a4k$1us$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
> @leythosthestalker.com says...
>> Download, unzip and run my free fix tool

> Downloads from a PORN HOSTING SITE ARE DANGEROUS to say the least.
> Downloads from any questionable site are dangerous.
>
> Follow the directions of anyone except someone suggesting you download
> from PCBUTTS 1.com.
>
> --
> Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)
>
> Learn more about PCBUTTS1 and his antics and ethic and his perversion
> with Porn and Filth. Just take a look at some of the FILTH he's created
> and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
> 3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
> not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
> googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

Leythos

In article <fa8ebm$vt$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
@leythosthestalker.com says...
> Obsessed Stalker.

LOL, yea, right - and who has dedicated web site pages and even
registered a website in my name? And you've got the nerve to call me
"obsessed"?

--
Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

pcbutts1

Obsessed idiot Stalker.

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <fa8ebm$vt$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
> @leythosthestalker.com says...
>> Obsessed Stalker.

> LOL, yea, right - and who has dedicated web site pages and even
> registered a website in my name? And you've got the nerve to call me
> "obsessed"?
>
> --
> Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)
>
> Learn more about PCBUTTS1 and his antics and ethic and his perversion
> with Porn and Filth. Just take a look at some of the FILTH he's created
> and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
> 3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
> not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
> googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

Leythos

In article <fa9d93$ghf$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1