Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Looping (Directory Listener?)

Looping (Directory Listener?)

oneperson oneperson is offline
Junior Member

Hi I'm currently writing a program, which has to listen for any new files inside a particular folder, do a reading of all the new files in the folder, extract the data, put it in the database, and finally removing the processed files from the directory. I've done most of these (the reading, extracting and storing). However, i'm not sure how to keep the process looping. What i need now is for the program to keep looping, checking for changes, and do its work in the background (while the user does other things using the same program (search, etc)). I've tried to search for ways to use a Listener, but i'm not really sure how to use it. Or is there any other good alternatives to do the looping? (I'm currently using NetBeans IDE 5.0)

Any form of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ^^

looping in array vs looping in a dic giuseppe.amatulli@gmail.com Python 5 09-20-2012 11:58 PM
Perl telnet looping problem CJ Perl 0 03-21-2005 09:06 PM
looping/incrementing problem... Mothra Perl 3 12-10-2003 02:01 AM
Looping through rows in a DataGrid Diva ASP .Net 1 07-24-2003 06:10 PM
Looping through all the form fields in the code behind ? Aemca ASP .Net 1 07-22-2003 08:31 AM

Advertisments