Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WLAN Light on Linksys BB Router

WLAN Light on Linksys BB Router

=?Utf-8?B?Ui1EdWI=?=

My WLAN blinks even when all PC's are off. The cadence is consistant.
Should I be worried about this. Does this indicated someone is on my network?
Setup:
Linksys G broadband router
WPA Pre-Shared Key security enabled
One wireless notebook
Two wired PC's
One wired printer

By the way, the internet light on my cable modem is always blinking. The
cable company says it's normal.

mikeFNB

the CM wil do through ARP & ack traffic.
the wlan will also cause it beacons amoungst other things.
nothing to worry about.

if you really want to make sure it is not being used, then use the 'known
mac addreses only' option for connections

mike

"R-Dub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My WLAN blinks even when all PC's are off. The cadence is consistant.
> Should I be worried about this. Does this indicated someone is on my

network?
> Setup:
> Linksys G broadband router
> WPA Pre-Shared Key security enabled
> One wireless notebook
> Two wired PC's
> One wired printer
>
> By the way, the internet light on my cable modem is always blinking. The
> cable company says it's normal.

=?Utf-8?B?Ui1EdWI=?=

Thanks Mike! I had already made sure the SSID is not being broadcast.
Next, I'll permit only the MAC address for my notebook.