Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hard disk making noise

hard disk making noise

Max

recently, my samsung hard disk is making a lot of noise but this
problem is intermittent. Especially when I play one of my flash files
or play a game. Any help?

meerkat

"Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> recently, my samsung hard disk is making a lot of noise but this
> problem is intermittent. Especially when I play one of my flash files
> or play a game. Any help?

Go here, and read.
D/load `Hutil`.
Burn to a floppy disk.
boot up with the floppy and test your drive.
It`s probably Failing, so Back Up everything you need
to save !!!.

Whiskers

On 2007-08-17, Max <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> recently, my samsung hard disk is making a lot of noise but this
> problem is intermittent. Especially when I play one of my flash files
> or play a game. Any help?

Back up your data. Then back it up again, to somwhere else. Make sure
the back-ups work.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

WhzzKdd

Probably time to go shopping - I like www.newegg.com

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Bad sounds a Hard Drive can make http://tinyurl.com/34y47

--
If you run FireFox your a Theif - http://tinyurl.com/2xol52
Guys web site http://tinyurl.com/2d4ry7 - Opera blocks this site as

Meat Plow

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:06:10 -0700, Max wrote:

> recently, my samsung hard disk is making a lot of noise but this
> problem is intermittent. Especially when I play one of my flash files
> or play a game. Any help?

Buy another drive, download Migrate Easy (free 15 day trial) from Acronis
and use it to mirror you failing drive onto the new drive. Chuck failed
drive in the trash. If you don't know how to physically manipulate the
drives to copy then replace, find someone who does in a hurry.

SgtMinor

Max wrote:

> recently, my samsung hard disk is making a lot of noise but this
> problem is intermittent. Especially when I play one of my flash files
> or play a game. Any help?

More sounds here: "Four Sounds of a Troubled Hard Disk"

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...download.html#

Plato

Max wrote:

> recently, my samsung hard disk is making a lot of noise but this
> problem is intermittent. Especially when I play one of my flash files
> or play a game. Any help?

Make sure your important data is backed up and order a new hard drive.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/