Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Configure Cisco PIX515e PPTP VPN Clients to allow access to another network across a IPSEC Tunnel

Configure Cisco PIX515e PPTP VPN Clients to allow access to another network across a IPSEC Tunnel

ashley.lawrence@gmail.com

Hi,

We have a site to site IPSEC tunnel between two offices both running
on PIX 515e's version 6.3(4) and in our main site the PIX is
configured for PPTP VPN clients to connect. All well and good. I would
like clients connecting on the VPN to be able to route to the internal
network in our second site across the IPSEC tunnel as well.

Does anyone have some generic first steps or tips on how to do this or
whether it's even worth attempting?

Thanks for your input.

Ashley

Captainahab

You simply can't with 6.3(4) but you could upgrade to 7.x if possible
and then you should be able to. I have never tried that though.

I'm 100% sure you can if you upgrade to ASA or router.

-Aki

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a site to site IPSEC tunnel between two offices both running
> on PIX 515e's version 6.3(4) and in our main site the PIX is
> configured for PPTP VPN clients to connect. All well and good. I would
> like clients connecting on the VPN to be able to route to the internal
> network in our second site across the IPSEC tunnel as well.
>
> Does anyone have some generic first steps or tips on how to do this or
> whether it's even worth attempting?
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Ashley

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Captainahab <(E-Mail Removed)> top-posted:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> We have a site to site IPSEC tunnel between two offices both running
>> on PIX 515e's version 6.3(4) and in our main site the PIX is
>> configured for PPTP VPN clients to connect. All well and good. I would
>> like clients connecting on the VPN to be able to route to the internal
>> network in our second site across the IPSEC tunnel as well.

>You simply can't with 6.3(4) but you could upgrade to 7.x if possible
>and then you should be able to. I have never tried that though.

Close, but not -exactly- right. You -can- do it with PIX 6, but
in order for it to work, the interface that the PPTP VPN clients
connect to must be different than the interface used to connect
to the remote office. If you only have one interface connected
to the outside world, then you have a problem -- unless you can
split your IP address space at your WAN router so that different
addresses go to different perimeter interfaces (or to different
VLANs on the same outside interface.)