Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connection Persistently Dropping

Connection Persistently Dropping

Andrew Bonney \(abweb\)

Hi,
I'm running an 802.11b wireless network which several pcs have no trouble
connecting to, except for one. All of the pcs run Winxp SP2 and I have tried
exchanging the wireless adapter for the problematic pc with another but no
luck, every minute it disconnects from the network and I have to run a
repair operation to re-connect. I have a feeling it is a software problem as
sometimes it connects to the network and still shows a cross through the
connection in the system tray even though I am able to use network
resources. I've tried DHCP and manually configured IPs and just about every
configuration possible. Any ideas???

--
Thanks,
Andrew Bonney (abweb)

www.andrewbonney.com
Tel: 01943 872966
Fax: 08701 309329

abweb is a registered Microsoft partner

This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses and
worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read the e-mail
as it may contain personal information.

Carey Holzman

Here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp

Carey

"Andrew Bonney (abweb)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I'm running an 802.11b wireless network which several pcs have no trouble
> connecting to, except for one. All of the pcs run Winxp SP2 and I have
> tried exchanging the wireless adapter for the problematic pc with another
> but no luck, every minute it disconnects from the network and I have to
> run a repair operation to re-connect. I have a feeling it is a software
> problem as sometimes it connects to the network and still shows a cross
> through the connection in the system tray even though I am able to use
> network resources. I've tried DHCP and manually configured IPs and just
> about every configuration possible. Any ideas???
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Andrew Bonney (abweb)
>
> www.andrewbonney.com
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Tel: 01943 872966
> Fax: 08701 309329
>
> abweb is a registered Microsoft partner
>

> This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses
> and worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in
> error, please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read
> the e-mail as it may contain personal information.

Andrew Bonney \(abweb\)

Hi,
Thanks for that, not quite the answer i'd hoped for having to turn stuff on
and off on each boot, but the article sparked something off and I've now got
it working properly without having to start and stop stuff.

--
Thanks,
Andrew Bonney (abweb)

www.andrewbonney.com
(E-Mail Removed)
Tel: 01943 872966
Fax: 08701 309329

abweb is a registered Microsoft partner

This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses and
worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read the e-mail
as it may contain personal information.

"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here you go:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp
>
> Carey
>
> "Andrew Bonney (abweb)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I'm running an 802.11b wireless network which several pcs have no trouble
>> connecting to, except for one. All of the pcs run Winxp SP2 and I have
>> tried exchanging the wireless adapter for the problematic pc with another
>> but no luck, every minute it disconnects from the network and I have to
>> run a repair operation to re-connect. I have a feeling it is a software
>> problem as sometimes it connects to the network and still shows a cross
>> through the connection in the system tray even though I am able to use
>> network resources. I've tried DHCP and manually configured IPs and just
>> about every configuration possible. Any ideas???
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew Bonney (abweb)
>>
>> www.andrewbonney.com
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> Tel: 01943 872966
>> Fax: 08701 309329
>>
>> abweb is a registered Microsoft partner
>>

>> This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses
>> and worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in
>> error, please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read
>> the e-mail as it may contain personal information.

Carey Holzman

Glad to hear that! Please sign my guestbook at www.careyholzman.com (the
link is in the lower-left corner).

Thanks!
Carey

"Andrew Bonney (abweb)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Thanks for that, not quite the answer i'd hoped for having to turn stuff
> on and off on each boot, but the article sparked something off and I've
> now got it working properly without having to start and stop stuff.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Andrew Bonney (abweb)
>
> www.andrewbonney.com
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Tel: 01943 872966
> Fax: 08701 309329
>
> abweb is a registered Microsoft partner
>

> This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses
> and worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in
> error, please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read
> the e-mail as it may contain personal information.
>

> "Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Here you go:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp
>>
>> Carey
>>
>> "Andrew Bonney (abweb)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm running an 802.11b wireless network which several pcs have no
>>> trouble connecting to, except for one. All of the pcs run Winxp SP2 and
>>> I have tried exchanging the wireless adapter for the problematic pc with
>>> another but no luck, every minute it disconnects from the network and I
>>> have to run a repair operation to re-connect. I have a feeling it is a
>>> software problem as sometimes it connects to the network and still shows
>>> a cross through the connection in the system tray even though I am able
>>> to use network resources. I've tried DHCP and manually configured IPs
>>> and just about every configuration possible. Any ideas???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andrew Bonney (abweb)
>>>
>>> www.andrewbonney.com
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Tel: 01943 872966
>>> Fax: 08701 309329
>>>
>>> abweb is a registered Microsoft partner
>>>

>>> This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses
>>> and worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail
>>> in error, please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not
>>> read the e-mail as it may contain personal information.

=?Utf-8?B?UXVzam9uZQ==?=

Andrew (et al):

Can you instruct on what you did exactly and how you solved this problem? I
am having basically the exact same problem. My IBM Thinkpad A22m (WinXP SP2)
wireless network connection keeps going up and down (active and inactive)
every few seconds. I have to keep reloading webpages to get them to finish
I'd REALLY like to resolve this. I tried the shortcut instruction from the
article Carey posted w/no success or change. I am using D-Link wireless
router model DI-614+ and wireless network card DI-650+. Please help! Thanks!