Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java media framwork

java media framwork

focode

dear techies............

can any one suggest me a dummies guide how 2
install JMF , i want 2 create a desktop based mediaplayer ( any
tutorail for that tooo.....plz)

thanks

Andrew Thompson

focode wrote:
>dear techies............
>
> can any one suggest me a dummies guide how 2
>install JMF , ...

JMF is not for noobs.

It is an abandoned API that is soon to be replaced by
JMC in Java 7. Unless you are an experienced GUI
coder, familiar with dealing with media, and very
experienced with debugging, I would recommend
steering far clear of JMF and waiting for JMC, where
at least there might be other people willing to actively
looking into bugs and problems.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

focode

On Aug 17, 12:45 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
> focode wrote:
> >dear techies............

> > can any one suggest me a dummies guide how 2
> >install JMF , ...

> JMF is not for noobs.
>
> It is an abandoned API that is soon to be replaced by
> JMC in Java 7. Unless you are an experienced GUI
> coder, familiar with dealing with media, and very
> experienced with debugging, I would recommend
> steering far clear of JMF and waiting for JMC, where
> at least there might be other people willing to actively
> looking into bugs and problems.
>
> --
> Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/

You brock my heart..............)

Roedy Green

>Could anyone please suggest a dummy's guide on how to
>install JMF. I want to create a desktop-based media player (any
>tutorial for that too woud be also be appreciated.)

I installed JMF some time ago. As I recall, there was nothing to it.
Just copy some jars to the ext directory.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary