Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Import Messages from old Thunderbird.

Import Messages from old Thunderbird.

David Ellis

I moved my info from one PC to another. Unfortunately, I copied the
wrong set of Thunderbird files and now am missing five days of email. Is
there a way to import Thunderbird files into Thunderbird after it is
open and has the folder setup?

I checked the menus and the only imports are for other types of Email
client.

Thanks for any Help!!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

David Ellis wrote:
> I moved my info from one PC to another. Unfortunately, I copied the
> wrong set of Thunderbird files and now am missing five days of email. Is
> there a way to import Thunderbird files into Thunderbird after it is
> open and has the folder setup?
>
> I checked the menus and the only imports are for other types of Email
> client.
>
> Thanks for any Help!!

when you copy the files from one profile to another, you
must do so with the program closed, otherwise the messages
won't show up. Also, don't copy the *.msf files.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Tony Raven

David Ellis wrote:
> I moved my info from one PC to another. Unfortunately, I copied the
> wrong set of Thunderbird files and now am missing five days of email. Is
> there a way to import Thunderbird files into Thunderbird after it is
> open and has the folder setup?
>
> I checked the menus and the only imports are for other types of Email
> client.
>
> Thanks for any Help!!

If you left five days of messages behind just copy the old file over to
a new folder. Set up a new folder, say InboxOld, and then copy the old
Inbox file over renamed to replace InboxOld. Then open TB, copy the
missing emails out of InboxOld to Inbox. Then delete the InboxOld
folder (and remove it from your profile).

BTDTGTTS

Tony