Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: OT: Friday sweetness

Re: OT: Friday sweetness

Pedro Simoes

kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> rambled:

> Briscobar <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like
>
>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178088.htm (11/18/2005
>> 9:18:58 AM) # I was just offered the Network Admin gig. Basically,
>> our Network Admin (who also performs other functions, like writing
>> custom programs and stuff...I won't be taking that over), who's only
>> here 3 days a week is costing them what it would cost me to do it 5
>> days a week. So, they're going to send me back to school for MS
>> training. Some of which I already have, some of which I don't. But
>> for the last couple years, I've been shadowing our Network Admin,
>> learning as I go, so I've got SOME experience. And it's not like
>> he's going to disappear, so I'll still be able to lean on him for
>> advice and help when I need it. And the good news is my boss won't
>> be my boss anymore. It's definitely a promotion in every sense of
>> the word.
>>
>> Abrupt change of plans for this evening: we're goin out drinkin, and
>> I'm buyin the first round!

> Congrats!
>
> Crawling up the corporate ladder, cool.
>
> Um, there is a pay raise, right?
>
> kpg

Thanks. Oh yeah, there is definitely a pay raise. Not one to discuss it
here, but let's just say the preliminary numbers were significant. On
top of
paying for classes, and a raise when I finish class. So yeah, pay raise.
Of
course, there's added responsibility, but eh, it comes with the
territory...

--
KB

MCNGP #26
www.mcngp.com has a nosebleed from all the coke.

Re: Friday sweetness Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:18 PM
OT: Friday sweetness Briscobar MCSE 73 11-23-2005 02:04 PM

Advertisments