Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Raw Shooter Essentials replacement

Raw Shooter Essentials replacement

bstrawse@gmail.com

Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I
am at a loss for the 30D.

TIA,
Bruce

PassingThru

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:48:54 -0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
>30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I
>am at a loss for the 30D.
>
>TIA,
>Bruce

Try RAW Therapee from www.rawtherapee.com , also freeware. Much better in image
manipulation capabilities than even LightRoom v1.1

I personally use PhotoLine 32 www.pl32.com for all my RAW processing needs. Once
a RAW file is imported then you have full use of all its advanced editing tools.
It also supports every RAW file format out there, even unknown formats.

Gautam Majumdar

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:48:54 +0100, bstrawse wrote:

> Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
> 30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I am
> at a loss for the 30D.

ufraw from http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/
It is free and has reasonably good controls.
I guess you don't like Canon's own free softwares, such as DPP. Otherwise
they are also quite good.

--
gautam

ray

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:48:54 +0000, bstrawse wrote:

> Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
> 30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I
> am at a loss for the 30D.
>
> TIA,
> Bruce

I use ufraw.