Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > which one? cordless or Wi-Fi?

which one? cordless or Wi-Fi?

qiaoqianapply@gmail.com

Well, we all know that the Internet phones are going wireless, as far
as i'm concerned, two kinds are getting more and more popular, one is
cordless handset, the other is Wi-Fi VOIP handset ,
To save money, voice over ip is essential and indispensable.
Then i'm still wondering, how much do we need a Wi-Fi handset , when
cordless ones being adequate in use?
the former one definately have advantages over the latter one?

mypost001@gmail.com

On 8 15 , 2 43 , (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Well, we all know that the Internet phones are going wireless, as far
> as i'm concerned, two kinds are getting more and more popular, one is
> cordless handset, the other is Wi-Fi VOIP handset ,
> To save money, voice over ip is essential and indispensable.
> Then i'm still wondering, how much do we need a Wi-Fi handset , when
> cordless ones being adequate in use?
> the former one definately have advantages over the latter one?

I am a little confused by your question. Because Wi-Fi handset is also
a cordless handset.

But the Wi-Fi handset do have some advantages compared to traditional
ones. And its most oustanding advantage would be the speed of access
into the network which is up to 11Mbps, so it can meet the substantial
files transmition. Other than that, it can spread its signal to a
further distance.

However in my opinion, the cordless DECT ip phones are ecential for
your use which has less cost. You can
find what you want at:https://host569.ipowerweb.com/~telecomc/
osCommerce/catalog/index.php/cPath/21?
osCsid=d2e3d32fa02d3fa4a301d758221fa49b

yaoren51@gmail.com

On 8 15 , 2 43 , (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Well, we all know that the Internet phones are going wireless, as far
> as i'm concerned, two kinds are getting more and more popular, one is
> cordless handset, the other is Wi-Fi VOIP handset ,
> To save money, voice over ip is essential and indispensable.
> Then i'm still wondering, how much do we need a Wi-Fi handset , when
> cordless ones being adequate in use?
> the former one definately have advantages over the latter one?

I agree with your opinion.I prefer cordless handset to Wi-Fi
handset ,however skill of cordless is more mature than latter one.but
I think the products of siemens are too high ,I have seen that one
DECT voip phone are just sold 75 dollars .It can save you a lot of
money.