Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCSD Vs. MSPD (What's best?)

MCSD Vs. MSPD (What's best?)

Mike

Hi everyone,

I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
here we go again

I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)

I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.

I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
and MCPD.

MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.

Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
(and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?

Thanks.

Mike

Cerebrus

On Aug 15, 8:45 pm, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
> here we go again
>
> I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
> currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)
>
> I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.
>
> I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
> I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
> and MCPD.
>
> MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.
>
> Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
> (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

You already answered all your questions. Still, let me reiterate that
the MCSD is obviously more recognized worldwide because it has had
time to sink into the IT community's psyche. The MCPD/MCTS are newer
certifications that many people aren't even familiar with. So, the
only deciding factor for you should be - Do you want a certification
because it is famous or well recognized or do you want it because it
reflects your skills on the latest technology ?

Vishalgiri Goswami

Thanks Cerebrus,

I was in the same hesitations from last 1 year, today I got clear
understanding that,

I should first be MCSD, and then MCPD.

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Aug 15, 8:45 pm, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
>> here we go again
>>
>> I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
>> currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)
>>
>> I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.
>>
>> I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
>> I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
>> and MCPD.
>>
>> MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.
>>
>> Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
>> (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mike

> You already answered all your questions. Still, let me reiterate that
> the MCSD is obviously more recognized worldwide because it has had
> time to sink into the IT community's psyche. The MCPD/MCTS are newer
> certifications that many people aren't even familiar with. So, the
> only deciding factor for you should be - Do you want a certification
> because it is famous or well recognized or do you want it because it
> reflects your skills on the latest technology ?

Steve

That's the route I'm going. I'm taking my last exam tomorrow (70-330)
for my MCSD. In a few more months, I'll start studying for the 2 big
upgrade exams to the MCPD Enterprise Dev.

Steve C.
MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA

Vishalgiri Goswami wrote:
> Thanks Cerebrus,
>
> I was in the same hesitations from last 1 year, today I got clear
> understanding that,
>
> I should first be MCSD, and then MCPD.
>
> "Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> On Aug 15, 8:45 pm, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
>>> here we go again
>>>
>>> I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
>>> currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)
>>>
>>> I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.
>>>
>>> I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
>>> I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
>>> and MCPD.
>>>
>>> MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.
>>>
>>> Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
>>> (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Mike

>> You already answered all your questions. Still, let me reiterate that
>> the MCSD is obviously more recognized worldwide because it has had
>> time to sink into the IT community's psyche. The MCPD/MCTS are newer
>> certifications that many people aren't even familiar with. So, the
>> only deciding factor for you should be - Do you want a certification
>> because it is famous or well recognized or do you want it because it
>> reflects your skills on the latest technology ?

=?Utf-8?B?Wm9k?=

Hi,
like said before me, you should be MCSD.NET and then MCPD dev.

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
> here we go again
>

> I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
> currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)
>
> I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.
>
> I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
> I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
> and MCPD.
>
> MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.
>
> Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
> (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?VmlyYW5kZXI=?=

Hi everyone,

I am Virander a 20 year old guy.
I cleared MCP in ASP.Net with 92.4%..
Now can i get some good jobs???
Biut i think MCSD is the Best and i will try to ba MCSD in 4 months.
Hope i can get my dreams come true.

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
> here we go again
>

> I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
> currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)
>
> I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.
>
> I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
> I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
> and MCPD.
>
> MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.
>
> Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
> (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Mike

MCSD.NET to MSPD Web EDJ Microsoft Certification 1 01-07-2008 05:55 PM
MCSD vs MCSD.net Georges MCSD 0 07-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments