Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > X-Fi Extreme Sound Card... Messed up

X-Fi Extreme Sound Card... Messed up

John Bobotsin

This is very strange error.

My sound card stops working after I try to update a new driver, however I'm
getting no sound out of it.

I decided (after hours) to just reinstall Windows again and setup the
drivers. I do this, but this time, my Sound Card reverts to very low
quality at certain sections of songs and videos. Like going down from
320kbps to 32kbps, it gets filled with low quality noise out of nowhere,
then goes back to normal, then back down to poor quality.

Does anyone what in the world is going on?

Brian

Did you try reinstalling the drivers that came with the card?
Do this and see if you get the same problems,. If so I would suspect the
card