Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > thomson dth 8005 Timer problem

thomson dth 8005 Timer problem

Rainer Willis

Hi

maybe someone can help me who is familiar with this machine. I bought it
three years ago. The so-called Thomson helpline is not available.

Since a couple of days I'm not able to take down anything from TV,
neither using Naviclick nor manually.

When I try, it says (in red letters) "Timer problem detected".
(Of course I'm not trying to record two programs at the same time).

I hadn't changed anything technically or by menue (setup and
installation) and then tried out the following:

- Inserted different (deleted or new) DVDs

- Unplugged all connections (power, TV and head phones) and reconnected them

- in Timer menue: switched from VPS to POC, tried, then switched back

- in Setup, System Options: changed AV Link (what ever that might be),
tried, and switched back

- renewed the code from the manual with the remote control. It works
with both given code numbers, but doesn't record.

Is there anything else I can do? I won't have it repaired, rather I'll
buy a new one.

If this is the wrong newsgroup, please f'up me to the right one.

Thanks for reading!

Rainer