Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Wrap HTA into a single .exe?????

Wrap HTA into a single .exe?????

rob.fahndrich@gmail.com

> are there any freeware/open source tools available to "wrap" an HTA
> and all associated files into a single .exe???

Jim Moe

>> are there any freeware/open source tools available to "wrap" an HTA
>> and all associated files into a single .exe???

What's a HTA?
What do you mean by "wrap"?
What use is an exe on the WWW?

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

Harlan Messinger

Jim Moe wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> are there any freeware/open source tools available to "wrap" an HTA
>>> and all associated files into a single .exe???

> What's a HTA?

HyperText Application. A Microsoft locally "executable" application that
runs on top of IE and is written in an extended form of HTML.

> What do you mean by "wrap"?
> What use is an exe on the WWW?

You're in alt.html at the moment. Discussion isn't restricted to the WWW
as it is in comp.infosystems.www.*.

rob.fahndrich@gmail.com

On Aug 14, 1:50 pm, Jim Moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> are there any freeware/open source tools available to "wrap" an HTA
> >> and all associated files into a single .exe???

> What's a HTA?
> What do you mean by "wrap"?
> What use is an exe on the WWW?
>
> --
> jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
> (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

HTA is HyperTextApplication
you use html, javascript, vbscript to create applications

example---

<head>
<title>HTA Test</title>
<HTA:APPLICATION
ID = "oApp"
APPLICATIONNAME = "TEST"
BORDER = "normal"
BORDERSTYLE = "normal"
CAPTION = "no"
ICON = "explorer.exe"
SHOWINTASKBAR = "no"
SINGLEINSTANCE = "yes"
SYSMENU = "no"
WINDOWSTATE = "normal"
SCROLL = "no"
SCROLLFLAT = "no"
VERSION = "1.2"
INNERBORDER = "yes"
SELECTION = "no"
MAXIMIZEBUTTON = "no"
MINIMIZEBUTTON = "no"
NAVIGABLE = "no"
CONTEXTMENU = "no"

..bluetext {font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 10pt; color:
blue;text-decoration: none;cursor: default;}
..redtext {font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 10pt; color: red;text-
decoration: none;cursor: default;}
..whitetext {font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 10pt; color:
white;text-decoration: none;cursor: hand;}

</head>

<SCRIPT Language="VBScript">
Sub Window_Onload

CitrixPN.style.visibility="hidden"
VisionAPP.style.visibility="hidden"

strComputer = "."
On Error Resume Next
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root
\cimv2")
Set colInstalledPrinters = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Printer")
For Each objPrinter in colInstalledPrinters
if (objPrinter.Attributes AND 4) = 4 then _
DataArea.InnerHTML = "<p class='redtext'>" & objPrinter.Name & "</
p>"
Next

Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.NetWork")
UserName.InnerHTML = "<p class='redtext'>" & objNet.UserName & "</
p>"

Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.NetWork")
ComputerName.InnerHTML = "<p class='redtext'>" & objNet.ComputerName
& "</p>"

set wsh = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
Select Case LCase(objNet.UserName)

Case "test"
CitrixPN.style.visibility="visible"
VisionAPP.style.visibility="visible"

End Select

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root
\cimv2")

Set colAdapters = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE IPEnabled =
True")

n = 1

For Each objAdapter in colAdapters
If Not IsNull(objAdapter.IPAddress) Then
For i = 0 To UBound(objAdapter.IPAddress)
IPSpan.InnerHTML = "<p class='redtext'>" & objAdapter.IPAddress(i)
& "</p>"
Next
End If

n = n + 1

Next

End Sub
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
Sub VisionAPPRDP
On Error Resume Next
set wshshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wshshell.run """C:\Program Files\visionapp\visionapp Remote Desktop
\vrd.lnk""", 1, FALSE
End Sub

Sub PrattPN
On Error Resume Next
set wshshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wshshell.run "C:\Progra~1\Citrix\ICACli~1\pn.exe /PN:""PWCS Farm""",
1, FALSE
End Sub

Sub ExitProgram
window.close()
End Sub

</SCRIPT>

<script language="javascript">
function det_time(){
var d = new Date();
var dstr = d.toLocaleString();
document.getElementById('time').innerHTML = dstr;
}
</script>
size:11pt;color:white;font-weight:normal;text-align:CENTER;"><br></
div>
<script language="javascript">
det_time();
setInterval("det_time()", 1000);
</script>

Current Default Printer is:
Current Username is:
Current Computer Name is:
Current IP Address is:

<button style="background-color:blue" class="whitetext"
name="CitrixPN" onclick="PrattPN" style="width: 258; height:
26">Citrix Program Neighborhood</button><p>
<button style="background-color:blue" class="whitetext"
name="VisionAPP" onclick="VisionAPPRDP" style="width: 258; height:
26">VisionAPP RDP</button><p>
<button style="background-color:blue" class="whitetext"
name="CloseWindow" onclick="ExitProgram" style="width: 258; height:
26" >Close</button><p>

<script language="vbscript">
'Option Explicit
PositionWindow()
Sub PositionWindow()
Dim WindowWidth, WindowHeight, LeftPos, TopPos
WindowWidth = 375
WindowHeight = 500
LeftPos = (screen.availWidth - WindowWidth) / 2
TopPos = (screen.availHeight - WindowHeight) / 2
window.resizeTo WindowWidth, WindowHeight
window.moveTo LeftPos, TopPos
End Sub
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
function startProg(myPath)
{
var WshShell = new ActiveXObject("wscript.shell");
WshShell.Run("\""+myPath);
}
</script>

save this code with an extension of .hta
when you launch it the MSHTA.EXE will run it as an application.

when I say WRAP up in an .exe i would like to take my .hta file and
any images (icons, logos, graphics, etc..) and create a single .exe
file to launch the hta.
I have seen an application called HTMLAPP that does this but it is not
very intuitive and is not free.

Jim Moe

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> save this code with an extension of .hta
> when you launch it the MSHTA.EXE will run it as an application.

Hmm. Is this safe? It would seem a variety of unfortunate code could be
added to such a file since it runs as an application. It sounds a bit like
the option Outlook offered to run executables that made it such a disaster.

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

rob.fahndrich@gmail.com

On Aug 15, 12:57 pm, Jim Moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > save this code with an extension of .hta
> > when you launch it the MSHTA.EXE will run it as an application.

> Hmm. Is this safe? It would seem a variety of unfortunate code could be
> added to such a file since it runs as an application. It sounds a bit like
> the option Outlook offered to run executables that made it such a disaster.
>
> --
> jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
> (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

this is used for useful applications. I would not execute an
application unless i knew what it was for or what it was doing, same
with an HTA.
but because an HTA is like HTML any images (icons, logos, etc) are
seperate files is why i would like to wrap them into a single .exe
file

Harlan Messinger

Harlan Messinger wrote:
> Jim Moe wrote:

>> What's a HTA?

> HyperText Application. A Microsoft locally "executable" application that
> runs on top of IE and is written in an extended form of HTML.

I just discovered a common example. When you log into a Windows server
for the first time and it sets up a profile for you, it then launches a
"Manage Your Server" panel. This is an HTA application.

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 15, 12:57 pm, Jim Moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> save this code with an extension of .hta
>>> when you launch it the MSHTA.EXE will run it as an application.

>> Hmm. Is this safe? It would seem a variety of unfortunate code could be
>> added to such a file since it runs as an application. It sounds a bit like
>> the option Outlook offered to run executables that made it such a disaster.
>>
>> --
>> jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
>> (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

> this is used for useful applications. I would not execute an
> application unless i knew what it was for or what it was doing, same
> with an HTA.
> but because an HTA is like HTML any images (icons, logos, etc) are
> seperate files is why i would like to wrap them into a single .exe
> file

This to MS crap, i.e., Windows only--MSIE only. Has nothing to do with
HTML and WWW. Try one of the MS newsgroups. Looks lake wat you need is
not HTA but to compile a app, VB maybe?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Sherm Pendley

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> This to MS crap, i.e., Windows only--MSIE only. Has nothing to do with
> HTML and WWW.

HTA is an HTML variant, and alt.html isn't chartered as WWW-only. I don't
find it interesting or relevant to what I do with HTML, but it's on-topic
in alt.html.

I wouldn't discuss it in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html though, because
that specific group's charter is stricter, and the whole comp.* hierarchy of
groups is generally stricter about topicality than the alt.* groups.

sherm--

Jonathan N. Little

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> This to MS crap, i.e., Windows only--MSIE only. Has nothing to do with
>> HTML and WWW.

> HTA is an HTML variant, and alt.html isn't chartered as WWW-only. I don't
> find it interesting or relevant to what I do with HTML, but it's on-topic
> in alt.html.

I suppose because an html document but relies on "jscript" to be an HTA
so would you not say this would be better suited for a Microsoft group
and a scripting one at that?

--
Take care,

Jonathan