Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > a few wireless questions....

a few wireless questions....

=?Utf-8?B?Tmlo?=

I currently have a wired network with 1 PC and 1 laptop. I have a wireless
card for the laptop and am having problems with my wired router (its old) so
I am
thinking of getting a wireless Linksys router. First question is I know
someone outside could access the internet using my connection but can they
access my network? I have both computers running windows firewall and I
believe the Linksys has its own firewall. What other steps should I take to
prevent someone from getting onto my home network? Second are there any
changes I have to make to my network settings when i switch to wireless or
should I just be able to plug and go, (other than running the wireless card's
software). My pc will still be hardwired to the router, both run win xp home.

peter

at the bottom of the page under wireless
http://www.ezlan.net/index.html
are all your answers.The site will also give you detailed instructions on how to
set up a safe home network with internet access.
peter
news:(E-Mail Removed)...