Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Synaptics touch pad problems

Synaptics touch pad problems

Mad-Biker

My wife recently gave me her old Acer Travel mate 2200, its about a year and
a half old. it has a built in touch pad, which is ment to be a synaptics
touch pad.

however it doesn't work under windows.

I reinstalled the software still no go,
I reinstalled windows and it worked fine during the set-up stage.
however back into windows and it doesn't work, loaded the oem drivers from
acer as well as the latest from synaptics website.

it does however work for about 10 seconds during start up. this tells me its
not a hardware problem?

the system states its working fine, with out any problems, having a laptop
that you have to use a mouse on just isn't portable for me.

any ideas?

Mad

Mad-Biker

No one?