Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireles Repair Option

Wireles Repair Option

=?Utf-8?B?ZGRhbWljbw==?=

Does anyone know if you can run the Windows Wireless repair option without
admin rights? We sometimes have the wireless connection drop and need a quick
way for the customers to get connected again.

Eric Cross [MVP]

Hello ddamico,

If you are running Windows XP, you must be a member of an Administrators or
Network Configuration Operators group to use the Repair feature. For more
details, please see the following KB articles.

Repair Option Is Not Available in the Network Connection Properties
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297415/en-us

A Description of the Network Configuration Operators Group
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297938

--
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)