Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Secret Project - Sun Keyboard Mod

View Poll Results: Keyboard Mods are Unique!
Yeah, but so is a monkey coming out of my..... 2 33.33%
Sure, I'll grant you that. 4 66.67%
Wow! Bigal is the most supreme modder ever...at least for today! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Secret Project - Sun Keyboard Mod

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I was shaped and piccies were taking way ages to come up Looks pretty darn good though

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I've decided to forgo the scrolling LED or LCD display ideas in the keyboard frame. I need to save some money to get Screaming Eagle slip-on mufflers this week for my Harley Fat Boy. So, I used one of my green EL wire kits (made by XG Extreme Gamer - part IS-ELW01GG, www.mge-usa.com ) to fashion the letters "AMD". These pictures show that I used scotch tape to hold it down, and I just finished gluing the wire down so I can take that tape off tomorrow. It's not really permanent either, as I can pull the wire up and reapply the black duct tape.
The first pictures show that I forgot to thread the wire through an existing opening in the keyboard, so I had to either take the lettering off, or cut a larger hole in the keyboard backing plate. I elected to cut the hole! I'm getting lazy I guess...

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Fixed your post Al. (HTML is not allowed).

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I wondered what was happening! I kept changing things, and then they changed again. I was going nuts trying to get this right.....
So, do you like the sign?

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

It looks kinda odd, and a tad noobish in my mind. Although, I don't know how you could change it to make it look better.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstrand
It looks kinda odd, and a tad noobish in my mind. Although, I don't know how you could change it to make it look better.
Well, thanks, I guess. I think I'll go soak my head in the toilet now...

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Haha, I'm sorry Al. *pats Al's back* Just my opinion. I've never really like EL wire used as letters.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

it looks aight, but its just seems like it was rushed or something. mebe its just the tape holding it down
If you could bother doing this, which i wouldnt, itd be mad if you made it look like this AMD Logo
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9889/amdlogo2ir.jpg
itd take a while and lots of holes i reckon

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

And way too much EL wire
It looks alright to me BTW

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

the cathode up the top could be a little more open i reckon, i didnt even notice it until i went back up and read what you were saying about the UV Cathode in the top.