Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What's a good brand and model DVD burner?

What's a good brand and model DVD burner?

DaveJohnson12@nomail.

I'll be using it mostly for data files. I might want to rip DVDs too.
I haven't seen this question asked for a while. Thanks.

BigJim

I like NEC but what ever you order make sure you get what your system uses,
either sata or IDE.

<DaveJohnson12@nomail.> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'll be using it mostly for data files. I might want to rip DVDs too.
> I haven't seen this question asked for a while. Thanks.

nick

BigJim wrote:
> I like NEC but what ever you order make sure you get what your system uses,
> either sata or IDE.

Over the past few years I have had trouble reading some discs with NEC
drives and have gradually replaced them all with Lite-On, which seem
to read anything.

nick

(PeteCresswell)

Per DaveJohnson12@nomail.:
>I'll be using it mostly for data files. I might want to rip DVDs too.
>I haven't seen this question asked for a while. Thanks.

I've been using MadDog Multimedia for several years.

Bought the first one just for grins because of the name.

Bought 3 more because they work and don't give me any problems at
all.
--
PeteCresswell

DaveJohnson12@nomail.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:38:14 -0400, "BigJim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I like NEC but what ever you order make sure you get what your system uses,
>either sata or IDE.

Thanks for the advice. I think NEC built something into some of their burners
that made them rip very slowly so I've been avoiding them. I've also heard good
things about them.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:17:19 GMT, nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>BigJim wrote:
>> I like NEC but what ever you order make sure you get what your system uses,
>> either sata or IDE.

>Over the past few years I have had trouble reading some discs with NEC
>drives and have gradually replaced them all with Lite-On, which seem
>to read anything.
>
>nick

Thanks, I'll probably go with Light On I guess or maybe an LG though I haven't
had much success with Korean (LG) products. They tend to be not as good as
products from Japanese companies from what I've seen.

DaveJohnson12@nomail.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:06:50 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Per DaveJohnson12@nomail.:
>>I'll be using it mostly for data files. I might want to rip DVDs too.
>>I haven't seen this question asked for a while. Thanks.

>I've been using MadDog Multimedia for several years.

>Bought the first one just for grins because of the name.
>
>Bought 3 more because they work and don't give me any problems at
>all.

Cool. I've never heard of that brand. Thanks.

Linea Recta

<DaveJohnson12@nomail.> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:17:19 GMT, nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >BigJim wrote:
> >> I like NEC but what ever you order make sure you get what your system

uses,
> >> either sata or IDE.

> >Over the past few years I have had trouble reading some discs with NEC
> >drives and have gradually replaced them all with Lite-On, which seem
> >to read anything.
> >
> >nick

> Thanks, I'll probably go with Light On I guess or maybe an LG though I

haven't
> had much success with Korean (LG) products. They tend to be not as good as
> products from Japanese companies from what I've seen.

I have an LG multiburber in the PC and I have an LG standalone HDD/DVD
recorder. Both of them work fine here.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

Heinrich Galland

In article <46cac578$0$229$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, Linea Recta
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <DaveJohnson12@nomail.> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> uses,
> > >
> > >Over the past few years I have had trouble reading some discs with NEC
> > >drives and have gradually replaced them all with Lite-On, which seem
> > >to read anything.
> > >
> > >nick

> > Thanks, I'll probably go with Light On I guess or maybe an LG though I

> haven't
> > had much success with Korean (LG) products. They tend to be not as good as
> > products from Japanese companies from what I've seen.

> I have an LG multiburber in the PC and I have an LG standalone HDD/DVD
> recorder. Both of them work fine here.

I've had good luck with Pioneer CD/DVD burners. The best I've ever had
is a Pioneer DVR-109D and the latest is a DVR-112D.

buddyb@yippy.ti.ye

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:15:34 -0500, Heinrich Galland
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <46cac578$0$229$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, Linea Recta
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> <DaveJohnson12@nomail.> schreef in bericht
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

system
>> uses,

NEC

seem

>> > Thanks, I'll probably go with Light On I guess or maybe an LG

though I
>> haven't
>> > had much success with Korean (LG) products. They tend to be not as

good as
>> > products from Japanese companies from what I've seen.

>> I have an LG multiburber in the PC and I have an LG standalone

HDD/DVD
>> recorder. Both of them work fine here.

>I've had good luck with Pioneer CD/DVD burners. The best I've ever had
>is a Pioneer DVR-109D and the latest is a DVR-112D.

I`ve used Pioneer for 5 years. the dvr110s are working fine since
installing in Dec 06.
Regards
buddy b