Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > yahoo mail

yahoo mail

PWB

I am having difficulty setting up my yahoo mail acount in outlook 2007 , has
any one else expierienced similer, and I wonder how its rectified?I can
recieve mail ok but am unable to send it TIA

Evan Platt

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:48:16 GMT, "PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am having difficulty setting up my yahoo mail acount in outlook 2007 , has
>any one else expierienced similer, and I wonder how its rectified?I can
>recieve mail ok but am unable to send it TIA

Gee, perhaps the error message you get would help.

whosbest54

In article <456wi.30640$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...

>I am having difficulty setting up my yahoo mail acount in outlook 2007 , has
>any one else expierienced similer, and I wonder how its rectified?I can
>recieve mail ok but am unable to send it TIA

Go to the web page your email provider has that outlines the setup of servers
and use those settings. There is more than one flavor of Yahoo mail. Which do
you have? There's free webmail which needs a 3rd party client to do the
interface, paid webmail which will work with Outlook and AT&T (formerly SBC)
Yahoo mail that comes with DSL which will also work with Outlook.

Sometimes the SMTP server setup is on a different port than the default port 25
and may require authorization.

whosbest54

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html