Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Global Objects not accessible in *.aspx.cs files

Global Objects not accessible in *.aspx.cs files

uriDium uriDium is offline
Junior Member

Hi

I have tried to create a global object in the global.asax file. I have a user class that i want to make global. The code for this class lives in User.cs under the app_code folder. I added an object tag in the global.asax file as such

<object id="web_user" runat="server" class="User" scope="session" />

I can reference web_user and all of its methods and properties as long as it is in-line in a *.aspx file. What bugs me is that i can't get to it in a code-behind fashion in the *.aspx.cs file associated with it.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in addvance
(Example code in C# please, my VB is not that good )