Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Mirrored state servers

Mirrored state servers

Bill Fuller

Has anyone here had experience using technologies such as StateMirror
(www.statemirror.com) as an alternative to managing state on a per server
basis (thus requiring sticky-sessions in a web farm) or external state
server or SQL Server, which can be a single-point-of failure or performance
problem?

I haven't used statemirror but people I work with have used the equivalent
Port80 software product with excellent results.
Peter
--
Recursion: see Recursion
site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"Bill Fuller" wrote:

> Has anyone here had experience using technologies such as StateMirror
> (www.statemirror.com) as an alternative to managing state on a per server
> basis (thus requiring sticky-sessions in a web farm) or external state
> server or SQL Server, which can be a single-point-of failure or performance
> problem?

Bill Fuller

Thanks... I will check into that.

There was also a software product I saw at a conference that used standard
asp session state that is replicated to all servers in the web farm. The
architect for this product, I believe, was also responsible for the
development of MSMQ.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the product.

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news(E-Mail Removed)...