Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Firefox div width conflict

Firefox div width conflict

vunet.us@gmail.com

I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides with
width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying under
them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This can be seen
here http://vunet.us/about/ (scrollbar is not perfectly visible).
Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total opinion/comment about
this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did a deep research to come
up with various fixes for that layout.
Thanks.

Matt White

On Aug 13, 9:37 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides with
> width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying under
> them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This can be seen
> herehttp://vunet.us/about/(scrollbar is not perfectly visible).
> Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total opinion/comment about
> this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did a deep research to come
> up with various fixes for that layout.
> Thanks.

On #middle, add:
z-index: 1;

The greater the z-index of an element, the higher up on the stack it
is placed. So an element with z-index 1 would be visible over an
element of z-index 0.

vunet.us@gmail.com

On Aug 13, 11:52 am, Matt White <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 9:37 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides with
> > width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying under
> > them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This can be seen
> > herehttp://vunet.us/about/(scrollbaris not perfectly visible).
> > Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total opinion/comment about
> > this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did a deep research to come
> > up with various fixes for that layout.
> > Thanks.

> On #middle, add:
> z-index: 1;
>
> The greater the z-index of an element, the higher up on the stack it
> is placed. So an element with z-index 1 would be visible over an
> element of z-index 0.

Oh, yes! that certainly is a great solution. However, how will my
right div look like, if, for example, I want to show its left-side
border? Isn't there a way to nicely fit them all in its places?
Thanks

vunet.us@gmail.com

On Aug 13, 12:01 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 13, 11:52 am, Matt White <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 13, 9:37 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides with
> > > width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying under
> > > them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This can be seen
> > > herehttp://vunet.us/about/(scrollbarisnot perfectly visible).
> > > Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total opinion/comment about
> > > this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did a deep research to come
> > > up with various fixes for that layout.
> > > Thanks.

> > On #middle, add:
> > z-index: 1;

> > The greater the z-index of an element, the higher up on the stack it
> > is placed. So an element with z-index 1 would be visible over an
> > element of z-index 0.

> Oh, yes! that certainly is a great solution. However, how will my
> right div look like, if, for example, I want to show its left-side
> border? Isn't there a way to nicely fit them all in its places?
> Thanks

Hm.. actually it will not work because my #middle div fully expands
and #right div is on top of it. I must apply z-index:1 to #right div
eventually.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:37:21 GMT
scribed:

> I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides with
> width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying under
> them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This can be seen
> here http://vunet.us/about/ (scrollbar is not perfectly visible).
> Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total opinion/comment about
> this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did a deep research to come
> up with various fixes for that layout.
> Thanks.

Ze padding on ze #right is vat's cossink ze problemo, cossack.

--
Neredbojias

vunet.us@gmail.com

On Aug 13, 5:43 pm, Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:37:21 GMT
> scribed:
>
> > I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides with
> > width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying under
> > them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This can be seen
> > herehttp://vunet.us/about/(scrollbar is not perfectly visible).
> > Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total opinion/comment about
> > this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did a deep research to come
> > up with various fixes for that layout.
> > Thanks.

> Ze padding on ze #right is vat's cossink ze problemo, cossack.
>
> --
> Neredbojias
> Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

zis is sum brilliante observacione, danke mucho! problemo est fixe!

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:59:44
GMT scribed:

>> > I create a new CSS structure and divs on a right and left sides
>> > with width 150px are conflicting with 100% wide and high div laying
>> > under them with 150px margin on both sides in Firefox only. This
>> > can be seen herehttp://vunet.us/about/(scrollbar is not perfectly
>> > visible). Could someone suggest a fix? And... your total
>> > opinion/comment about this CSS structure is very appreciated. I did
>> > a deep research to come up with various fixes for that layout.
>> > Thanks.

>> Ze padding on ze #right is vat's cossink ze problemo, cossack.
>>
>> --
>> Neredbojias
>> Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

> zis is sum brilliante observacione, danke mucho! problemo est fixe!

Mercy bowcoop, El Stasho.

--
Neredbojias